Privacy Notice Mama Be
I, Katharine Gailard, hold some information about you. I care about your privacy and am committed to protecting it. This document outlines how that information is used, who I may share that information with and how I keep it secure. Whilst this notice does not provide exhaustive detail, I am happy to provide any additional information or explanation if needed. Any requests for this should be sent to email@example.com. I keep my Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in May 2018.
1. What I Do I, Katharine Gailard, provide fertility/wellbeing therapy services to clients to improve their fertile health through lifestyle interventions. I focus on helping you to maintain your health at its best. Through therapy consultations, dietary and lifestyle analysis and reflexology, I aim to understand the underlying causes of your health issues which I then seek to address through personalised physical, emotional and educational lifestyle advice. Periodically, I am also involved in writing articles and features for the media, as well as running workshops, educational seminars and entire programmes on different aspects of health and wellbeing.
2. How I Obtain Your Personal Data Information provided by you
You provide me with personal data in the following ways: - By completing speaking to me by telephone for Private and Confidential discussions, during consultations, through email, over the telephone or by post, by taking an online or card payment. This may include the following information: - basic personal details such as your name, address, contact details and health information including your previous medical history, current medical issues, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, family history, biochemical test results, clinic notes and health improvement plans, letters from consultants, your GP and test results done prior and during working with me, GP contact information, and bank details. I use this information to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of my holding your personal data is for legitimate purposes only. Following completion of your healthcare, I retain your personal data for the period of 7 years. After this period, your data is deleted / shredded as no longer needed. In this case, the legal basis of my holding your personal data is for contract administration purposes. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest. I may also obtain sensitive information from other healthcare providers. The provision of this information is subject to you giving me your express consent. If I do not receive this consent from you, I may not be able to treat you effectively.
3. How I use your personal data I act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide direct healthcare. I also act as a controller and processor in regard to the processing of your data from third parties such as testing companies and other healthcare providers. I act as a data controller and processor with regard to the processing of credit card and online payments. I undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with my duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. I also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage. Occasionally I may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using this information, e.g. in order to safeguard an individual, or to prevent a serious crime. Also, where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order for me to do so. Additionally, I may use your data for marketing purposes such as sending you newsletters via my preferred mailer subject to you giving me your separate, express consent. Once your email is registered it will automatically be transferred to Google Contacts and to my MailChimp /Infusionsoft mailing list. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription to my mailing list. You will at that point have the option to accept or decline. This will not affect any communication directly with me regarding your appointments. At the time of making your appointment you will be asked for a contact number, preferably mobile, so that you may receive text message confirmations and reminders about your appointment.
4. Sharing your information with other organisations I will keep information about you confidential. I will only disclose your information to other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties. Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to me or act as my agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential - Anyone to whom I may transfer my rights and duties under any agreement we have with you - Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request, if I have a duty to do so or if the law allows me to do so. I will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare providers. However, if I believe that your life is in danger, then I may pass your information onto an appropriate authority (such as the police, social services in the case of a child or vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm) using the legal basis of vital interests. I may share your case history in an anonymised form with my peers for the purpose of professional development. This may be at clinical supervision meetings, conferences, online forums, and through publishing in medical journals, trade magazines or online professional sites. I will seek your explicit consent before processing your data in this way.
5. Your rights Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give me a reason to see your data. If you want to access your data, you must make a subject access request in writing to me, , I shall respond within a month from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. My response will include the details of the personal data I hold on you including: - Sources from which I acquired the information - The purposes of processing the information. You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to have your information deleted • Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate • Ask me to stop processing information about you • Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to me, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable or written/typed format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from me. • Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you. The only automated processing, which takes place on a legitimate basis, is carried out between the automated booking system, and Mailchimp. This is for the purpose of providing you with the forms to be filled in prior to your appointments, sending out appointment reminders and occasional newsletters. This is necessary for me to provide appropriate healthcare to you. If you would like to invoke any of the above rights, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Safeguards in place to ensure data that identifies you is secure I only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires me to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful. Within the health sector, I also have to follow the common law duty of confidence, which means that where identifiable information about you has been given in confidence, it should be treated as confidential and only shared for the purpose of providing direct healthcare. I will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared. I also ensure the information I hold is kept in secure locations, be it on the premises or in our cloud storage base, with access to this information restricted to authorised personnel only. In this case this would be myself and a sub-contractor looking after the interface between the automatic booking system, my Google diary, and the Mailchimp or infusionsoft. I ensure they are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove they have security arrangements in place where data that could identify a person is processed. I also protect your personal and confidential information held on equipment such as my laptop, desktop, the external in-house back up drive and the Google Drive backup with a password and secure encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it). This is to provide you with appropriate healthcare and support whenever required. Every effort is made to ensure your data is secure
The security of your data is important, and I have chosen companies that support and implement the measures required to ensure your data is secure, however no system is totally secure. Therefore, if you prefer to have your data processed differently, please let me know. I, Katharine Gailard, am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by my name).
7. How long I keep confidential information - All records held by me are kept for the duration 7 years.
8. Website technical details only asks to sign up for a free meditation file and your details are captured by Infusionsoft, so I can share further useful information on health. Links to event bright where a ticket is booked, will take data but this is held securely for the purposes of processing and not held by Mama Be.
10. Complaints If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data, please contact me by emailing: , and I will do my best to help you. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).